The most common complaint from a homeowner is that their shower door is making a clicking or creaking noise. This can be caused by a number of factors, but the most common cause is a misalignment between the pivot points (hinges) when the door was installed.
Solution: If your frameless shower door is making a noise due to misaligned hinges, following are these steps to adjust the set screws:
- Check the set screws on the back side of the hinge to make sure they are tight.
- If they are loose, tighten the set screws. Check for noise.
- If this does not work, continue to step 4.
- Loosen set screws from the back of the hinges, one hinge at a time.
- Allow door to reposition itself.
- Tighten set screws on the back of the hinges, one hinge at a time.
Portals Hinge Set Screws require a 5/64″ Allen Wrench
Oceana/Taiga Hinge Set Screws require a 2mm Allen Wrench
After checking the set screws, check to make sure the screws holding the two halves of the hinge together are tight.